Board of Athletic Trainers
- • appointment
- • membership
- • terms
(1) There is created in the Oregon Health Licensing Agency the Board of Athletic Trainers, consisting of five members appointed by the Director of the Oregon Health Licensing Agency. In making appointments to the board, the director must take into consideration any nominations received from professional organizations of athletic trainers that are based in Oregon.
(2) Of the membership of the Board of Athletic Trainers:
(a) All members must be citizens of this state.
(b) Three members must be athletic trainers who have practiced continuously in this state for the three years prior to the date of appointment.
(c) One member must be a member of the general public who is not an athletic trainer.
(d) One member must be a physician licensed under ORS chapter 677.
(3) The term of office for each member of the board is four years. A member is eligible for reappointment, but no member may serve more than two consecutive terms. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the director shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) A member of the board may be removed by the director for neglect of duty, incompetence or unethical conduct.
(5) A member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1999 c.736 §2; 2005 c.648 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.