Definitions for ORS 688.701 to 688.734
(1) "Athlete" means any individual participating in fitness training and conditioning, sports or other competitions, practices or activities requiring physical strength, agility, flexibility, range of motion, speed or stamina, generally conducted in association with an educational institution, or professional or amateur sports activity.
(2) "Athletic injury" means an injury occurring as the result of participating as an athlete.
(3) "Board" means the Board of Athletic Trainers.
(4) "Practice athletic training" means the application by a registered athletic trainer of principles and methods of:
(a) Prevention of athletic injuries;
(b) Recognition, evaluation and immediate care of athletic injuries;
(c) Rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries;
(d) Health care administration; and
(e) Education and counseling.
(5) "Registered athletic trainer" means a person who is registered in accordance with ORS 688.720 (Requirements for registration). [1999 c.736 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information