Council on Naturopathic Physicians Formulary
- • members
- • duties
- • compensation and expenses
- • rules
(1) The Council on Naturopathic Physicians Formulary is established and shall consist of seven members appointed as follows:
(a) One member of the Board of Naturopathic Examiners appointed by the Board of Naturopathic Examiners;
(b) One physician licensed by the Board of Naturopathic Examiners appointed by the Board of Naturopathic Examiners;
(c) Two pharmacists licensed by the State Board of Pharmacy appointed by the State Board of Pharmacy;
(d) One physician licensed by the Oregon Medical Board appointed by the Oregon Medical Board; and
(e) Two additional members appointed by the council who hold an advanced degree in a medical or pharmaceutical science.
(2) The chair of the council shall be elected by a majority of the members.
(3) The council established under subsection (1) of this section shall determine the substances to be included in the formulary that may be prescribed by a naturopathic physician acting under ORS 685.010 (Definitions) (3). The council shall review the formulary periodically. Immediately upon adoption or revision of the formulary, the council shall transmit the approved formulary to the board which must adopt the formulary by rule. When determined to be appropriate to the scope of practice of naturopathic physicians, the Council on Naturopathic Physicians Formulary may also consider synthetically produced substances and their salts having an identical or substantially identical molecular structure to a plant or animal substance as found in nature to be plant or animal substances.
(4) The term of each member of the council shall be two years. A member shall serve until a successor is appointed. If a vacancy occurs, it shall be filled for the unexpired term by a person with the same qualifications as a retiring member.
(5) Any member of the council who fails to attend two consecutive meetings of the council whether regular or special shall forfeit office unless a member is prevented from attending by serious illness of the council member or a member of the council member’s family.
(6) Members of the council shall be entitled to compensation and expenses under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) payable from funds available to the Board of Naturopathic Examiners. [1989 c.945 §2 (1) to (6); 2007 c.428 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.