- • scope and conduct
- • results of national standardized examination, regional testing agencies or clinical board examinations administered in other states in lieu of examination
(1) The Oregon Board of Dentistry may administer written, laboratory or clinical examinations to test professional knowledge and skills.
(2) The examination shall be sufficiently thorough to test the fitness of the applicant to practice dental hygiene. It shall include, written in the English language, questions on any subjects pertaining to dental hygiene. The written examination may be supplemented by oral examination. Demonstrations of the applicant’s skill in clinical dental hygiene also may be required.
(3) The board may accept the results of national standardized examinations in satisfaction of the written examination as authorized by this section, and shall accept the results of regional testing agencies or of clinical board examinations administered by other states in satisfaction of the clinical examination authorized under this section, provided:
(a) The test or examination was taken within five years of the date of application; and
(b) The applicant received a passing score on the test or examination as established by the board by rule.
(4) The board shall accept the results of regional testing agencies or of clinical board examinations administered by other states in satisfaction of the examinations authorized under this section for applicants who have engaged in the active practice of dental hygiene in other states or in the Armed Forces of the United States, the United States Public Health Service or the United States Department of Veterans Affairs for a period of at least 3,500 hours in the five years immediately preceding application and who meet all other requirements for licensure. [Amended by 1963 c.266 §6; 1983 c.169 §22; 2001 c.193 §2; 2003 c.83 §10; 2005 c.229 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information