Liability insurance for retired dentist
- • requirements
- • rules
(1) For the purposes of this section, "retired dentist" means a person who is retired from active practice except for the practice of dentistry without remuneration as a volunteer.
(2) Subject to availability of funding, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall establish a program to purchase and maintain liability insurance for retired dentists. Insurance provided under the program shall be acquired through contracts with liability insurers that are authorized to offer liability malpractice insurance in this state. Insurance shall be provided under the program only if:
(a) Dental services by the retired dentist will be provided through nonprofit corporations offering community services;
(b) Dental services provided by the retired dentist will be offered to low-income patients based on ability to pay; and
(c) The retired dentist will receive no compensation for the dental services provided, except for reimbursement for laboratory fees, testing services and other out-of-pocket expenses.
(3) This section does not impose any liability on the state, or on the officers, employees and agents of the state, for any civil or criminal action against a retired dentist insured under the program established under subsections (1) to (5) of this section.
(4) The department shall monitor the claims experience of retired dentists insured through the program established under subsections (1) to (5) of this section. The department may impose any risk management requirements that the department deems appropriate as a condition of providing liability insurance under the program.
(5) The department shall provide insurance under subsection (2) of this section only to the extent that funds are appropriated to the department for the purposes of funding the program established under subsections (1) to (5) of this section.
(6) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services may by rule establish any conditions considered necessary by the department before providing liability insurance for a retired dentist under the program established by subsections (1) to (5) of this section. [1999 c.1016 §§1,2; 2001 c.104 §261]
Note: 679.510 (Liability insurance for retired dentist) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 679 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information