Licensing of dental instructor
- • requirements
(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Oregon Board of Dentistry shall issue a dental instructor’s license to practice dentistry to any person who furnishes the board with evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant meets the requirements of subsection (2) of this section.
(2) An applicant for a dental instructor’s license must be a full-time instructor of dentistry engaged in dental activities, including but not limited to participation in a faculty practice plan, within the scope of the applicant’s employment at the Oregon Health and Science University and:
(a) Be a graduate of an accredited dental school; or
(b) If the applicant is not a graduate of an accredited dental school, have a certificate or degree in an accredited, advanced dental education program of at least two years’ duration from an accredited dental school and:
(A) Be licensed to practice dentistry in another state or a Canadian province;
(B) Have held an instructor’s or faculty license to practice dentistry in another state or a Canadian province immediately prior to becoming an instructor of dentistry at the Oregon Health and Science University;
(C) Have successfully passed any clinical examination recognized by the board for initial licensure; or
(D) Be certified by the appropriate national certifying examination body in a dental specialty recognized by the American Dental Association.
(3) The board may refuse to issue or renew a dental instructor’s license to an applicant or licensee:
(a) Who has been convicted of an offense or disciplined by a dental licensing body in a manner that bears, in the judgment of the board, a demonstrable relationship to the ability of the applicant or licensee to practice dentistry in accordance with the provisions of this chapter;
(b) Who has falsified an application for licensure; or
(4) A license issued to an applicant qualifying for a dental instructor’s license is restricted to the practice of dentistry in a facility devoted to dental care on the campus of the Oregon Health and Science University.
(5) A license issued to an applicant qualifying for a dental instructor’s license who is a specialist by virtue of successful completion of an accredited dental education program is restricted to the specialty in which the dentist was trained.
(6) As used in this section, "accredited" means accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association or its successor agency, if any. [1999 c.578 §8; 2001 c.188 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information