- • qualifications
- • effect of using certain terms
- • rules
(1) No person shall practice acupuncture without first obtaining a license to practice medicine and surgery or a license to practice acupuncture from the Oregon Medical Board except as provided in subsection (2) of this section.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the board may issue a license to practice acupuncture to an individual licensed to practice acupuncture in another state or territory of the United States if the individual is licensed to practice medicine and surgery or acupuncture in the other state or territory. The board shall not issue such a license unless the requirements of the other state or territory are similar to the requirements of this state.
(3) The board shall examine the qualifications of an applicant and determine who shall be authorized to practice acupuncture.
(4) Using the term "acupuncture," "acupuncturist," "Oriental medicine" or any other term, title, name or abbreviation indicating that an individual is qualified or licensed to practice acupuncture is prima facie evidence of practicing acupuncture.
(5) In addition to the powers and duties of the board described in this chapter, the board shall adopt rules consistent with ORS 677.757 (Definitions for ORS 677.757 to 677.770) to 677.770 (Fees) governing the issuance of a license to practice acupuncture. [1993 c.378 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information