Physician Assistant Committee
- • appointment
- • term
(1) There is created a Physician Assistant Committee, which shall consist of five members. Members of the committee shall be appointed as follows:
(a) The Oregon Medical Board shall appoint one of its members and one physician. One of the two must supervise a physician assistant.
(b) The Oregon Medical Board shall appoint three physician assistants after considering persons nominated by the Oregon Society of Physician Assistants.
(2) The term of each member of the committee shall be for three years. A member may not serve more than two consecutive terms. A member shall serve until a successor is appointed. If a vacancy occurs, it shall be filled for the unexpired term by a person with the same qualifications as the retiring member.
(3) If any vacancy under subsection (1) of this section is not filled within 45 days, the Governor shall make the necessary appointment from the category which is vacant.
(4) The committee shall elect its own chairperson with such powers and duties as the committee shall fix.
(5) A quorum of the committee shall be three members. The committee shall hold a meeting at least once quarterly and at such other times the committee considers advisable to review requests for prescription and dispensing privileges and to review applications for licensure or renewal.
(6) The chairperson may call a special meeting of the Physician Assistant Committee upon at least 10 days’ notice in writing to each member, to be held at any place designated by the chairperson.
(7) The committee members are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided for board members in ORS 677.280 (Employment of personnel) (2). [1981 c.220 §5; 1989 c.830 §36; 1999 c.582 §8; 2001 c.345 §1; 2001 c.348 §1; 2007 c.240 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.