- • filing with State Registrar of the Center for Health Statistics
- • notice to physician
(1) Artificial insemination shall not be performed upon a woman without her prior written request and consent and, if she is married, the prior written request and consent of her husband.
(2) Whenever a child is born who may have been conceived by the use of semen of a donor who is not the woman’s husband, a copy of the request and consent required under subsection (1) of this section shall be filed by the physician who performs the artificial insemination with the State Registrar of the Center for Health Statistics. The state registrar shall prescribe the form of reporting.
(3) The information filed under subsection (2) of this section shall be sealed by the state registrar and may be opened only upon an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(4) If the physician who performs the artificial insemination does not deliver the child conceived as a result of the use of semen of a donor who is not the woman’s husband, it is the duty of the woman and the husband who consented pursuant to subsection (1) of this section to give that physician notice of the child’s birth. The physician who performs the artificial insemination shall be relieved of all liability for noncompliance with subsection (2) of this section if the noncompliance results from lack of notice to the physician about the birth. [1977 c.686 §3]
Note: See note under 677.355 ("Artificial insemination" defined).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.