(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, and in addition to any other penalty or remedy provided by law, the Oregon Health Licensing Agency may impose a civil penalty not to exceed $5,000 for each violation of the following statutes and any rule adopted thereunder:
(a) ORS 688.701 (Definitions for ORS 688.701 to 688.734) to 688.734 (Disciplinary authority of Oregon Health Licensing Agency) (athletic training);
(i) ORS chapter 700 (environmental sanitation);
(j) ORS 676.617 (Single facility license) (single facility licensure); and
(k) ORS 675.360 (Legislative findings) to 675.410 (Duties of Oregon Health Licensing Agency under ORS 675.360 to 675.410) (sex offender treatment).
(2) The agency may take any other disciplinary action that it finds proper, including but not limited to assessment of costs of disciplinary proceedings, not to exceed $5,000, for violation of any statute or rule adopted under any statute listed in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not limit the amount of the civil penalty resulting from a violation of ORS 694.042 (Right to rescind hearing aid purchase).
(4) In imposing a civil penalty pursuant to this section, the agency shall consider the following factors:
(a) The immediacy and extent to which the violation threatens the public health or safety;
(b) Any prior violations of statutes, rules or orders;
(c) The history of the person incurring a penalty in taking all feasible steps to correct any violation; and
(d) Any other aggravating or mitigating factors.
(5) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(6) The moneys received by the agency from civil penalties under this section shall be paid into the General Fund of the State Treasury and credited to the Oregon Health Licensing Agency Account established under ORS 676.625 (Oregon Health Licensing Agency Account). Such moneys are continuously appropriated to the agency for the administration and enforcement of the laws the agency is charged with administering and enforcing that govern the person against whom the penalty was imposed. [2003 c.547 §4; 2005 c.648 §14; 2007 c.841 §17]
Note: 676.992 (Civil penalties) was added to and made a part of 676.605 (Purpose of Oregon Health Licensing Agency) to 676.625 (Oregon Health Licensing Agency Account) by legislative action but was not added to ORS chapters 676 to 681 or any chapter or series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information