Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
- • members
- • appointment
- • term
(1) The Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists is established.
(2) The board shall consist of seven members who shall be appointed by the Governor.
(3) In selecting the members of the board, the Governor shall strive to balance the representation according to geographic areas of this state, gender, age and ethnic group.
(4) The board shall consist of:
(a) Three members who are persons licensed as professional counselors under ORS 675.715 (Application);
(b) Two members who are persons licensed as marriage and family therapists under ORS 675.715 (Application);
(c) One member from the faculty of a school within this state that has programs to train persons to become professional counselors or marriage and family therapists; and
(d) One member from the public who has demonstrated an interest in the fields of professional counseling and marriage and family therapy.
(5) Statewide counselor and marriage and family therapist organizations may recommend names of qualified persons to the Governor at the time for filling vacancies on the board.
(6) The term of office of each member is three years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. By October 1 of each year, the Governor shall appoint persons to fill positions on the board that are due to become vacant on October 1 of that year. A member is eligible for one consecutive reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term. [1989 c.721 §10; 2001 c.120 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information