Professional disclosure statement required
- • content
- • exemptions
- • rules
(1) Except as provided in subsection (6) of this section, prior to the performance of professional counseling or marriage and family therapy, the licensee must furnish the client with a copy of a professional disclosure statement. If the licensee fails to provide the statement, the licensee shall not charge a client a fee for services.
(2) A professional disclosure statement shall include the following information regarding the applicant or licensee:
(a) Name, business address and telephone number;
(b) Philosophy and approach to counseling or marriage and family therapy;
(c) Formal education and training;
(d) Continuing education and supervision requirements; and
(e) Fee schedules.
(3) The statement must include the name, address and telephone number of the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists.
(4) An applicant shall submit a professional disclosure statement for board approval upon application for a license.
(5) Whenever an applicant or licensee makes a change in the professional disclosure statement, the new statement shall be presented to the board for approval.
(6) The board may adopt by rule exemptions from the requirements of this section. [1989 c.721 §7; 1999 c.463 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information