State Board of Psychologist Examiners
- • confirmation
- • oath
- • compensation and expenses
(1) There hereby is created a State Board of Psychologist Examiners consisting of seven members appointed by the Governor. Five of the members shall be residents of Oregon, have doctoral degrees with primary emphasis in psychology and shall be licensed under ORS 675.010 (Definitions for ORS 675.010 to 675.150) to 675.150 (Enforcement procedures). Two members shall be residents of Oregon and shall serve as public members.
(2) The term of office of a board member shall be three years, but the members shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor to assume duties on July 1 next following. A member shall be eligible for one consecutive reappointment only. In case of a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) All appointments of members of the board by the Governor are subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner provided in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(4) Before entering upon the duties of office, each board member shall subscribe to an oath that the member will faithfully and impartially discharge the duties of office and that the member will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this state. The oath shall be filed with the Secretary of State.
(5) Each member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1963 c.396 §11; 1969 c.314 §77; 1973 c.777 §9a; 1973 c.792 §32]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.