Practice of geology by proprietorship, partnership or corporation
- • employment of nonregistered geologist
- • practice by other professionals
- • practice by nonresident
(1) ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees) do not prohibit one or more geologists from practicing through the medium of a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation. In a partnership or corporation whose primary activity consists of geological services, at least one partner or officer shall be a registered geologist.
(2) ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees) do not prevent or prohibit an individual, firm, company, association, or corporation whose principal business is other than the public practice of geology from employing a nonregistered geologist to perform nonpublic geological services necessary to the conduct of their business.
(a) The practice of any licensed profession or trade by limiting its appropriate and current custom or practice including the practice of any profession or trade for which a license or registration is required under any other law of this state including the practice of registered civil and mining engineers lawfully practicing civil and mining engineering in its various specialized branches; or
(b) The practice of geology by a person not a resident of and having no established place of business in this state, when the practice is limited to a specific project and does not exceed one period of 60 consecutive days in any calendar year, and provided the person is licensed or registered to practice such profession in another state where the requirements for certification, registration or licensing are not lower than those specified in ORS 672.505 (Definitions for ORS 672.505 to 672.705) to 672.705 (Fees) and provided further that such nonresident shall file with the State Board of Geologist Examiners, on or before entering the state for commencing such work, a statement giving name, residence, the number of the license or certificate of registration of the nonresident, and by what authority issued, and upon the completion of the work, a statement of the time engaged in such work within the state. [1977 c.612 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information