Procedure for suspension or revocation of certificate, permit or enrollment
- • hearing
- • majority of board members required to take action
- • reinstatement
(1) Proceedings for the suspension or revocation of a certificate, an enrollment or a permit may be initiated by filing with the State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying written charges against the accused. The charges may be preferred by any person, or by the board on its own motion.
(2) The board shall fix a time and place for a hearing on the charges and cause notice thereof with a copy of the charges to be delivered to the accused in person or mailed to the last-known address of the accused. The notice shall be so delivered or mailed at least 30 days before the date fixed for the hearing.
(3) At a hearing, the accused shall have the right to appear in person or by counsel, or both, to cross-examine witnesses and to produce evidence and witnesses in a defense. If the accused does not appear, the board may proceed to hear and determine the validity of the charges.
(4) After a hearing, the board may, if a majority of the members of the board agree, reprimand the accused, or suspend, refuse to renew or revoke the permit, enrollment or certificate of the accused.
(5) The power of the board to suspend a certificate, enrollment or permit includes the power to reinstate:
(a) At a time certain; or
(b) When the person subject to suspension fulfills conditions for reinstatement set by the board. [Amended by 1971 c.751 §22; 1979 c.681 §3; 1981 c.143 §11; 1995 c.33 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information