Definitions for ORS 672.002 to 672.325
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying.
(2) "Engineer," "licensed engineer," "professional engineer," "registered engineer" or "registered professional engineer" means a person who is registered in this state and holds a valid certificate to practice engineering in this state as provided under ORS 672.002 (Definitions for ORS 672.002 to 672.325) to 672.325 (Civil penalties).
(3) "Engineering intern" means a person enrolled by the board as having passed an examination in the fundamental engineering subjects.
(4) "Geodetic survey" means a determination of the size and shape of the earth or the position of any point on the earth.
(5) "Land surveyor," "surveyor," "licensed surveyor," "professional surveyor," "professional land surveyor," "registered land surveyor" or "registered professional land surveyor" means a person who is registered in this state and holds a valid certificate to practice surveying in this state as provided by ORS 672.002 (Definitions for ORS 672.002 to 672.325) to 672.325 (Civil penalties).
(6) "Land surveying intern" means a person enrolled by the board as having passed an examination in the fundamental land surveying subjects.
(7) "Photogrammetric mapping" means an evaluating and measuring of land that is limited to the determination of the topography, area, contours and location of planimetric features, by using photogrammetric methods or similar remote sensing technology, including but not limited to using existing ground control points incidental to the photogrammetric or remote sensing mapping process.
(8) "Photogrammetrist" means a person registered with the board and holding a valid certificate to practice photogrammetric mapping.
(9) "Responsible charge" means to have supervision and control of:
(a) The engineering design of works with responsibility for design decisions; or
(b) Land surveying work for the purpose of ensuring conformance to the relevant requirements of law and sound surveying practice.
(10) "Supervision and control" means establishing the nature of, directing and guiding the preparation of, and approving the work product and accepting responsibility that the work product is in conformance with standards of professional practice. [1971 c.751 §1; 1983 c.614 §1; 1995 c.33 §1; 1997 c.210 §1; 2005 c.22 §475; 2005 c.445 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information