Civil penalties for violations of ORS 671.510 to 671.760
- • rules
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, a person who violates any provision of ORS 671.510 (Short title) to 671.760 (Business income tax) or a rule adopted pursuant to subsection (5) of this section or ORS 670.310 (Rulemaking authority), 670.605 (Rules for application of definition of independent contractor) or 671.670 (Rulemaking authority) shall forfeit and pay to the State Landscape Contractors Board a civil penalty in an amount determined by the board of not more than $2,000 for each offense.
(2) The board shall impose civil penalties under this section as provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(3) The provisions of this section are in addition to and not in lieu of any other penalty or sanction provided by law.
(4) If a landscape contracting business commits an act described under ORS 671.610 (Grounds for sanctions against licensee) (5), the board shall impose penalties and sanctions on both the landscape contracting business to which the contract is awarded and the landscape contracting business that awards the contract as follows:
(a) A civil penalty of not less than $500 nor more than $1,000 for a first offense;
(b) A civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $2,000 for a second offense;
(c) Suspension of license or refusal to reissue license for six months for a third offense;
(d) Revocation of license for three years for a fourth offense; and
(e) Permanent revocation of the landscape contracting business’s license for a fifth offense.
(5) The board shall provide by rule a process and criteria that must be met for restoration of a license that has not been permanently revoked. [Formerly 671.955; 2007 c.541 §40]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.