Free public employment offices
- • contracts relating to workforce investment system
- • public agencies to provide information on job vacancies
(1) The Director of the Employment Department shall establish and maintain such free public employment offices, including such branch or affiliate offices, as may be necessary for the proper administration of this chapter and for participation in Oregon’s workforce investment system.
(2) The director may enter into such contracts or memoranda of understanding with designated workforce investment system partners, including but not limited to other states and governments, government entities, state agencies, units of local government, intergovernmental entities, community colleges and persons, as appropriate to administer the workforce investment system.
(3) The director may enter into contracts or memoranda of understanding to share confidential information as authorized under federal law and regulations for purposes of a national performance accounting system, including receiving and making available wage records to the extent the wage records are required by another state to carry out that state’s workforce investment system performance plan.
(4) All moneys made available by or received by the state for the Oregon State Employment Service shall be paid to and expended from the Unemployment Compensation Administration Fund.
(5) Each contracting agency shall provide to the director timely information pertinent to all existing job vacancies over which the contracting agency exercises employment control and for which there will be open recruitment. Such information shall be made available to the public by the director. As used in this subsection, "contracting agency" has the meaning given that term in ORS 279A.010 (Definitions for Public Contracting Code). [Amended by 1969 c.597 §190; 1983 c.339 §1; 2001 c.684 §34; 2003 c.794 §312]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information