Claimants required to submit job qualifications to Oregon State Employment Service
- • use of information
- • referring claimant to available jobs
(1) To satisfy the registration requirements of ORS 657.155 (Benefit eligibility conditions) (1), an unemployed individual who submits a claim for benefits, at the request of the Director of the Employment Department or an authorized representative of the director, shall submit to the Oregon State Employment Service information regarding the individual’s job qualifications, training and experience as the director or an authorized representative of the director deems necessary to carry out job placement and counseling services for the individual.
(2) Information submitted by an individual pursuant to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall be promptly used by the Oregon State Employment Service for matching against available job openings retained in Employment Department records. The results shall be made available to department placement personnel who will refer the claimant to any available, suitable job opening for which the individual qualifies, provided the referral is not in conflict with federal or state law.
(3) In determining the amount and type of information an individual must submit to satisfy the requirements of subsection (1) of this section, the director or an authorized representative of the director shall consider, among other factors, the individual’s employer affiliation, the anticipated and actual duration of the individual’s period of employment, union membership and union hiring practices, state and local labor market conditions and information from past or prospective employers of the individual.
(4) When this chapter requires individuals or employers to furnish information in writing or require a signed document or signature, the director may waive those requirements to implement the Employment Department Information Network project. [1979 c.149 §2; 1993 c.778 §20]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information