Definitions for ORS 654.750 to 654.780
As used in this section and ORS 654.760 (Rules on hazardous chemicals, safety equipment and training), 654.770 (Basic information available to agricultural employers for employees) and 654.780 (Providing basic information to employees), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Employee" means any individual, whether lawfully or unlawfully employed, who engages to furnish services for a remuneration, financial or otherwise, subject to the direction and control of an employer.
(2) "Employer" means any person engaged in agriculture who engages one or more employees.
(3) "Hazardous chemical" means any chemical which is a physical or health hazard.
(4) "Health hazard" means a chemical for which there is statistically significant evidence, based on at least one study conducted in accordance with established scientific principles, that acute or chronic health effects may occur in exposed employees. The term "health hazard" includes chemicals which are carcinogenic, toxic or highly toxic agents, reproductive toxins, irritants, corrosives, sensitizers, hepatotoxins, nephrotoxins, neurotoxins, agents which act on the hematopoietic system, and agents which damage the lungs, skin, eyes or mucous membranes.
(5) "Physical hazard" means a chemical for which there is scientifically valid evidence that it is a combustible liquid, a compressed gas, explosive, flammable, an organic peroxide, an oxidizer, pyrophoric, unstable or water-reactive compound. [1987 c.832 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.