Limitations on gasoline sales
- • requirements for ethanol content in gasoline
- • rules
(1) A retail dealer, nonretail dealer or wholesale dealer may not sell or offer for sale gasoline unless the gasoline contains 10 percent ethanol by volume.
(2) Gasoline containing ethanol that is sold or offered for sale meets the requirements of this section if the gasoline, exclusive of denaturants and permitted contaminants, contains not less than 9.2 percent by volume of agriculturally derived, denatured ethanol that complies with the standards for ethanol adopted by the State Department of Agriculture.
(3) The department shall adopt standards for ethanol blended with gasoline sold in this state. The standards adopted shall require that the gasoline blended with ethanol:
(a) Contains ethanol that is derived from agricultural or woody waste or residue;
(b) Contains ethanol denatured as specified in 27 C.F.R. parts 20 and 21;
(c) Complies with the volatility requirements specified in 40 C.F.R. part 80;
(d) Complies with or is produced from a gasoline base stock that complies with ASTM International specification D 4814;
(e) Is not blended with casinghead gasoline, absorption gasoline, drip gasoline or natural gasoline after it has been sold, transferred or otherwise removed from a refinery or terminal; and
(f) Contains ethanol that complies with ASTM International specification D 4806.
(4) The department may review specifications adopted by ASTM International, or equivalent organizations, and federal regulations and revise the standards adopted pursuant to this section as necessary. [2007 c.739 §18]
Note: Section 19, chapter 739, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 19. Section 18 of this 2007 Act [646.913 (Limitations on gasoline sales)] becomes operative on a date that is three months following the date of the notice required under section 17 of this 2007 Act [646.912 (Study and monitoring of ethanol production, use and sales)]. [2007 c.739 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information