- • appointment
- • compensation and expenses
- • duties
(1) There is created the Minor Crops Advisory Committee in the State Department of Agriculture consisting of six members appointed by the Director of Agriculture and the coordinator of the Interregional Project Number 4 program at Oregon State University who shall be a permanent member.
(2) The director, as far as practicable, shall make appointments to the advisory committee so that the committee is representative of all segments of agriculture.
(3) Each appointed member shall serve a term of three years beginning July 1 of the year of appointment. A member shall continue to serve until a successor is appointed. Vacancies in office shall be filled by appointment for the unexpired term.
(4) The committee shall meet at the call of the chairperson or the Director of Agriculture. A majority of the members present at any meeting shall constitute a quorum, and a majority vote of the quorum at any meeting shall constitute an official act of the committee.
(5) At the first meeting after July 1 of each year, the committee shall select a chairperson. The Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences of Oregon State University and the Director of Agriculture, or their representatives, shall be ex officio members without the right to vote.
(6) Members of the committee shall be eligible for compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(7) The committee shall:
(a) Advise the department in the administration of ORS 634.016 (Registration of pesticides and application devices) to 634.042 (Unsafe use of certain pesticides on raw agricultural commodities) as relates to minor crop use registrations;
(b) Cooperate with the United States Department of Agriculture’s Interregional Project Number 4 and the United States Environmental Protection Agency in obtaining federal registrations of pesticides for minor crop uses; and
(c) Maintain close contact between the department and agricultural producers regarding the need for research to support registration of pesticides for minor crops. [1989 c.709 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.