(1) A document must satisfy the requirements of this section or any other section that modifies these requirements, to be entitled to filing by the Secretary of State.
(2) This chapter must require or permit filing the document with the Office of Secretary of State.
(3) The document shall contain the information required by this chapter. It may contain other information as well.
(4) The document must be legible.
(5) The document must be in the English language.
(6) The document must be executed:
(a) By the chairperson of the board of directors of a domestic cooperative, its president or another of its officers;
(b) If directors have not been selected or before the organizational meeting, by an incorporator; or
(c) If the cooperative is in the hands of a receiver, trustee or other court-appointed fiduciary, by that receiver, trustee or fiduciary.
(7) The person executing the document shall state beneath or opposite the signature the name of the person and the capacity in which the person signs. The document may, but is not required to contain:
(a) The corporate seal;
(b) An attestation by the secretary or an assistant secretary; and
(c) An acknowledgment, verification or proof.
(8) If the Secretary of State has prescribed a mandatory form for the document under ORS 62.045 (Forms), the document must be in or on the prescribed form.
(9) The document must be delivered to the Office of Secretary of State and must be accompanied by the required fees.
(10) Delivery of a document to the Office of Secretary of State is accomplished only when the document is actually received by the Office of Secretary of State. [1987 c.94 §69; 1999 c.486 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.