As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Anniversary" means that day each year exactly one or more years after:
(a) The date of filing by the Secretary of State of the articles of incorporation in the case of a domestic cooperative.
(b) The date of filing by the Secretary of State of an application for authority to transact business in the case of a foreign cooperative.
(2) "Articles" means articles of incorporation, articles of conversion and articles of merger.
(3) "Board" means board of directors.
(4) "Cooperative" means a cooperative corporation which is subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(5) "Corporation" means a corporation which is not a cooperative.
(6) "Domestic limited liability company" means an entity that is an unincorporated association having one or more members and that is organized under ORS chapter 63.
(7) "Domestic nonprofit corporation" means a corporation not for profit incorporated under ORS chapter 65.
(8) "Domestic professional corporation" means a corporation organized under ORS chapter 58 for the purpose of rendering professional services and for the purposes provided under ORS chapter 58.
(9) "Foreign cooperative" means a cooperative corporation organized under laws other than the laws of this state.
(10) "Foreign corporation" means a corporation for profit incorporated under the laws of a state other than this state.
(11) "Foreign limited liability company" means an entity that is an unincorporated association organized under the laws of a state other than this state, under the laws of a federally recognized Indian tribe or under the laws of a foreign country and that is organized under a statute under which an association may be formed that affords to each of its members limited liability with respect to liabilities of the entity.
(12) "Foreign nonprofit corporation" means a corporation not for profit organized under the laws of a state other than this state.
(13) "Foreign professional corporation" means a professional corporation organized under the laws of a state other than this state.
(14) "Member" means a person who has been qualified and accepted for membership in a cooperative.
(15) "Membership stock" means any class of stock, continuous ownership of which is required for membership in a cooperative.
(16) "Negotiate" means to confer with another in order to come to terms.
(17) "Person" includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, joint stock companies, trusts, estates and foreign and domestic cooperative corporations.
(18) "Shareholder" means a holder of shares of capital stock of a cooperative other than membership stock. [1957 c.716 §2; 1963 c.492 §41; 1974 c.2 §4; 1987 c.94 §78; 1995 c.195 §1; 1999 c.362 §16; 2001 c.142 §1; 2001 c.315 §33; 2005 c.107 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.