Approving use of weights and measures
- • use of certain terms describing condition of equipment
- • seizure and destruction of nonconforming equipment
(1) The State Department of Agriculture shall approve for use such weights and measures as it finds upon inspection and test to be correct, as provided in ORS 618.051 (Specifications and tolerances of commercial weights and measures), and shall reject such weights and measures as it finds upon inspection or test to be incorrect, as provided in ORS 618.051 (Specifications and tolerances of commercial weights and measures), but which in its best judgment are susceptible of satisfactory repair.
(2) In carrying out this section and pursuant to ORS 618.031 (Rulemaking authority), the department may use such terms as "rejected," "illegal," "incorrect," "condemned," "correct," "tested," "approved," "certified" or terms of similar import on marks or tags or certificates necessary to convey to all interested parties the condition or status of the device or apparatus so marked or tagged.
(3) In accordance with ORS 561.605 (Detention, seizure or embargo of agricultural products) to 561.630 (Removing or defacing seizure or embargo notice unlawful), the department may condemn, seize and destroy incorrect weights and measures that are not susceptible of satisfactory repair. Similarly, weights and measures that have been rejected may also be seized, confiscated and destroyed by the department if such are not corrected as required by ORS 618.081 (Owners of weights and measures required to correct deficiencies), or if such weights and measures are used or disposed of contrary to the requirements of ORS 618.081 (Owners of weights and measures required to correct deficiencies). [1973 c.293 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.