Brand inspection fee
- • exception
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, the State Department of Agriculture shall charge and collect a brand inspection fee in accordance with the following:
(a) $30 for a lifetime brand inspection for Equidae;
(b) $10 per head for a brand inspection for Equidae, if the brand inspection certificate utilized is valid for more than eight days but less than a lifetime; or
(c) $10 per head for a brand inspection on livestock other than Equidae, if the brand inspection certificate utilized is valid for more than eight days.
(2) In accordance with the provisions of ORS chapter 183, the department shall establish a brand inspection fee on cattle and cattle hides for which a brand inspection certificate is valid for eight days. The fee shall be not less than 85 cents and not more than $1 per head of cattle and not more than $2 per hide.
(3) Except as provided in this subsection or subsection (4) of this section, the person requesting or requiring brand inspection to be performed shall pay the State Department of Agriculture a brand inspection fee and the assessments authorized under ORS 577.512 (Collection of federal assessment). Livestock auction markets, slaughterhouses and custom slaughtering establishments at which brand inspection is performed shall collect the fees and assessments and forward them to the department. The person requesting or requiring brand inspection for cattle delivered to a livestock auction market is not required to pay a brand inspection fee on cattle whose value is $10 or less. The person requesting or requiring brand inspection is not required to pay a brand inspection fee on cattle not more than 90 days of age that are to be transported with their mothers to a range or pastureland outside of this state.
(4) The person requesting or requiring brand inspection is not required to pay a brand inspection fee or pay assessments when Oregon cattle are being transported from any place in this state to any place outside of this state and then returned to this state, if the movement is continuous without unloading enroute, is done in the usual course of ranch operations and is not related to a change of ownership.
(5) Except as provided in ORS 577.512 (Collection of federal assessment), the department shall deposit all fees paid to it under this chapter in the State Treasury to the credit of the Department of Agriculture Service Fund, and such fees are continuously appropriated to the department for administering and enforcing this chapter. The provisions of ORS 561.144 (Department of Agriculture Service Fund) apply to such fees. [1981 c.248 §13; 1983 c.102 §2; 1985 c.262 §3; 1987 c.163 §3; 2003 c.604 §108; 2007 c.229 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information