Registration of bee colonies
- • fees
(1) Every person who owns or is in charge of five or more colonies of bees located within this state, shall cause the colonies to be registered with the State Department of Agriculture as in this section provided.
(2) Application for registration shall be made on a form furnished by the department. The registration shall cover each colony of bees owned by the applicant, and shall give the locations of such colonies and the name, address and telephone number of the owner and the name, address and telephone number of the person in charge if the person in charge is not the owner. The registration shall be made before June 1 of each year for all colonies. Each registrant shall furnish an address to which any notice required by this chapter to be given may be sent, and shall agree that any notice sent by the department to such address shall be deemed to be notice in fact.
(3) The application for registration shall be accompanied by a fee not to exceed $10. For each registration after July 1, the fee shall not exceed $20. The department, by rule, shall establish the fees subject to be the maximum limits prescribed in this subsection.
(4) When the ownership of bees which have been subject to the charge provided in this section is changed, the department shall transfer the registration to the new owner without charges. However, if the bees have not been previously registered, the new owner shall pay the registration fee without penalty.
(5) The department shall maintain records of registered beekeepers and the number of colonies registered. [Amended by 1953 c.400 §7; 1961 c.177 §6; 1963 c.65 §2; 1989 c.354 §1; 1991 c.633 §1; 1993 c.350 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.