As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Apiary" and "apiary property" includes bees, honey, beeswax, bee comb, hives, frames and other equipment, appliances and material used in connection with an apiary.
(2) "Appliances" means any implement or device used in the manipulating of bees or their brood or hives, which may be used in any apiary.
(3) "Bees" means honey-producing insects of the genus Apis and includes the adults, eggs, larvae, pupae or other immature stages thereof, together with such materials as are deposited into hives by their adults, except honey and beeswax in rendered form.
(4) "Colony" or "colonies of bees" refers to any hive occupied by bees.
(5) "Department" means the State Department of Agriculture.
(6) "Disease" means pests, disease or any condition affecting bees or their brood.
(7) "Hive" means any receptacle or container made or prepared for use of bees, or box or similar container taken possession of by bees.
(8) "Location" means the premises upon which an apiary is located.
(9) "Person" includes any individual, partnership, association or corporation, but does not include any common carrier when engaged in the business of transporting bees, hives, appliances, bee cages or other commodities which are the subject of this chapter, in the regular course of business. [Amended by 1961 c.177 §1; 1963 c.65 §1; 1989 c.738 §5; 1993 c.350 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.