- • appropriation of moneys
- • separate licenses for each facility
- • posting license and names of owners
(1) Subject to the provisions of subsection (2) of this section, every person operating a livestock auction market in this state shall be required to pay on or before June 30, annually, a fee of $100 to the State Department of Agriculture for a license to operate such market for the year beginning July 1 next following. If a person operates a livestock auction market facility in more than one location, a separate license must be obtained for each such facility. Except for fees paid under ORS 599.269 (Brand inspection required prior to public auction of cattle), all fees provided for under the provisions of this chapter shall be paid into the Department of Agriculture Service Fund and hereby are continuously appropriated for use in the administration of this chapter.
(2) In the case of an application for a license made after September 30 of a license year, and only in such cases, the license fee submitted with the application shall be prorated on the basis of the number of quarters of three months each or portions of a quarter remaining in the license year. The fee accompanying such applications shall be $25 for each such quarter or portion thereof. For the purposes of this section, the license year shall be the period July 1 to June 30 next following. Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a refund of license fees in any case.
(3) The licensee shall at all times have posted in a conspicuous place in the main business office of such market the full names and addresses of the legal owners of the market. The livestock auction market operator’s license shall also be posted conspicuously in the main business office of the market. [1953 c.677 §5; 1971 c.578 §11; 1979 c.499 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information