Factors to be considered by department in exercise of disease control powers
When exercising the powers conferred by ORS 596.388 (Department to investigate cases of disease) to 596.412 (Factors to be considered by department in exercise of disease control powers), the State Department of Agriculture shall give appropriate weight and consideration to the following:
(1) The previous existence of the disease in this state.
(2) The action taken by the United States Government in respect to the eradication and control of such disease.
(3) The economic consequences to the citizens of this state which might result from the spread of the disease.
(4) The extent to which the disease is endemic or epidemic through neighboring states, the United States and this state.
(5) The extent to which livestock other than those which are infected or carriers of the disease may be adversely affected by it.
(6) Any other factors which may reasonably be found to affect the welfare of the livestock industry specifically or the people of the State of Oregon generally if such disease is not eradicated or controlled. [1953 c.689 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information