Review of audit
- • filing additional information
- • when departmental findings final
(1) After an audit has been completed as authorized by ORS 583.007 (Definitions), 583.016 (Purpose) and 583.046 (Poundage fee on Grade A milk) to 583.166 (Disposition of fees), the State Department of Agriculture shall first review such audit with the affected handler. If, after audit and review of such audit with the handler, the department finds that milk has not been properly accounted for or paid for by the handler or person whose records have been audited, or that such person has violated the provisions of ORS 583.007 (Definitions), 583.016 (Purpose) and 583.046 (Poundage fee on Grade A milk) to 583.166 (Disposition of fees) or regulations promulgated thereunder, the department shall file a copy of the audit findings in its Salem office, forward by certified mail a copy of the audit findings and such other pertinent information concerning the audit as it deems necessary to the handler or person whose records have been audited, and may notify affected producers. The findings shall include an order requiring that payment be made or that certain procedures or practices which are in violation of law or regulation be stopped, corrected or changed, as the case may be. The audit findings on file shall be available for examination only by the affected handler or producers of such milk, or the authorized agents of either.
(2) Within 30 days following the date the department mails a copy of its audit findings, as required by subsection (1) of this section, the handler or the person whose milk records have been audited, and the producers affected by such audit, either or both, may file with the department all additional information, facts, figures or other material which they believe may show or prove the audit findings to be incorrect.
(3) If at the expiration of the period specified in subsection (2) of this section:
(a) Handlers, persons or producers have not filed additional information, facts, figures and other material with the department, then the department shall forward a notice, by certified mail, to the handler or person, that the audit findings of the department are final. Within 16 days after the date the notice is mailed, the handler or person shall pay the amounts or make corrections of violations of law or regulations as set out in such findings.
(b) Handlers, persons or producers have filed additional information, facts, figures and other material with the department, then the department shall again review and reaudit, within 90 days, all necessary records of such handler or person as otherwise required by ORS 583.007 (Definitions), 583.016 (Purpose) and 583.046 (Poundage fee on Grade A milk) to 583.166 (Disposition of fees). The department may affirm, modify or set aside its prior findings. The department shall file in its Salem office a copy of the reaudit findings and forward a copy of such findings by certified mail to the affected handler or person, and in addition, shall forward by regular mail, as it deems necessary, a part or all of its findings to affected producers. Unless appealed to the circuit court, as authorized by ORS 583.096 (Judicial review of audit findings), the reaudit findings of the department shall become final. [1961 c.638 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information