As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Commercial channels" means the sale of wheat for use as food, feed, seed, or any industrial or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer, dealer, processor, cooperative, or to any person, public or private, who resells any wheat or product produced from wheat.
(2) "Commission" means the Oregon Wheat Commission.
(3) "Director" means the Director of Agriculture.
(4) "First purchaser" means any person, corporation, association or partnership that buys wheat from the grower in the first instance, or any lienholder, public or private, who may possess wheat from the grower under any lien.
(5) "Grower" means any landowner personally engaged in growing wheat; a tenant of the landowner personally engaged in growing wheat; and both the owner and the tenant jointly; and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, sharecropper, and any and all other business units, devices and arrangements.
(6) "Sale" includes any pledge or mortgage of wheat, after harvest, to any person, public or private. [Amended by 1977 c.198 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information