Definitions for ORS 571.510 to 571.580
(1) "Acre of Christmas trees" means an acre of land upon which Christmas trees are growing at the time of application for the license required by ORS 571.525 (License required to operate as grower).
(2) "Christmas tree" means a cut evergreen tree:
(a) Of a marketable species;
(b) Managed to produce trees meeting U.S. No. 2 or better standards for Christmas trees as specified by the Agricultural Marketing Service of the United States Department of Agriculture; and
(c) Evidencing periodic maintenance practices of shearing or culturing, or both, for all Christmas tree species; weed and bush control and one or more of the following practices: Basal pruning, fertilization, insect and disease control, stump culture, soil cultivation and irrigation.
(3) "Dealer" means a person who purchases Christmas trees for resale.
(4) "Department" means the State Department of Agriculture.
(5) "Grower" means any person who grows Christmas trees for sale.
(6) "Natural timber stand" means any site where Christmas trees are growing with a spacing greater than 9.5 feet by 9 feet.
(7) "Sell" or "sale" means to offer or hold for the purpose of sale, or to solicit orders for sale or to deliver, distribute, exchange, furnish or supply. [1985 c.197 §1; 1989 c.561 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information