New Crops Development Board
- • membership
- • terms
- • compensation and expenses
(1) The New Crops Development Board is created within the State Department of Agriculture. The board shall consist of nine voting members appointed by the Director of Agriculture. In addition to the voting members, the Director of the Oregon State University Experiment Station or the designee of the director and the Director of the Department of Environmental Quality or the designee of the director shall be nonvoting ex officio members of the board.
(2) The term of each voting member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Director of Agriculture. Before the expiration of the term of a voting member, the director shall appoint a successor. A voting member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the director shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) Each voting member of the board shall be a citizen of this state and actively engaged in some segment of the agricultural crop industry. As far as practicable, the Director of Agriculture shall make appointments so that the various geographic areas of the state and segments of the agricultural crop industry are represented on the board.
(4) To the extent that moneys received pursuant to ORS 561.720 (Duties) are available therefor in the Department of Agriculture Service Fund, a member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1983 c.501 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.