ORS 561.691¹
Invasive Species Coordinator
  • administrative expenses of Invasive Species Council

(1) Subject to available funding, the Invasive Species Council may appoint a State Invasive Species Coordinator to serve at the pleasure of the voting members of the council. The appointment of the coordinator must be by written order, filed with the Secretary of State. If the council appoints a coordinator, the coordinator shall serve as a nonvoting ex officio member of the council.

(2) The State Department of Agriculture is responsible for ensuring payment of the administrative expenses of the council. The State Department of Agriculture may enter into interagency agreements under ORS 190.110 (Authority of units of local government and state agencies to cooperate) with the State Department of Fish and Wildlife, the State Forestry Department, Portland State University and Oregon State University for sharing the administrative expenses of the council. [2001 c.413 §4; 2007 c.247 §3]

Note: See note under 561.685 (Definition of invasive species).

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 561—State Department of Agriculture, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­Archive/­2007ors561.­pdf (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
2 OregonLaws.org contains the con­tents of Volume 21 of the ORS, inserted along­side the per­tin­ent statutes. See the preface to the ORS An­no­ta­tions for more information.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information