Invasive Species Council
- • membership
- • terms
(1) There is established the Invasive Species Council. Except as provided in ORS 561.691 (Invasive Species Coordinator) (1), the council shall consist of 13 members. The following persons are voting ex officio members of the council:
(a) The Director of Agriculture or a designated representative.
(b) The president of Portland State University or a designated representative.
(c) The State Fish and Wildlife Director or a designated representative.
(d) The administrative head of the Sea Grant College of Oregon State University or a designated representative.
(e) The State Forester or a designated representative.
(2) The voting ex officio members of the council described in subsection (1) of this section shall collectively appoint eight members to the council.
(3) The term of office of each appointed member is two years, but an appointed member serves at the pleasure of the voting ex officio members of the council. Before the expiration of a term, the voting ex officio members of the council shall appoint a successor whose term begins on January 1 next following. An appointed member may not serve more than two successive terms on the council. If there is a vacancy in an appointed member position for any cause, the voting ex officio members of the council shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) In making appointments to the council, the voting ex officio members of the council shall endeavor to appoint persons representative of the geographic, cultural and economic diversity of this state. The voting ex officio members of the council may give consideration to nominations submitted by federal and state agencies, local governments, universities, industry and other groups having an interest in invasive species.
(5) An appointed member of the council is not entitled to compensation under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). A member of the council is not entitled to reimbursement for expenses. At the discretion of the council, council members may be reimbursed from funds available to the council for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by members of the council in the performance of their official duties, subject to the limits described in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [2001 c.413 §1; 2007 c.247 §1]
Note: See note under 561.685 (Definition of invasive species).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.