Dissolution of district and reorganization as corporation
- • meeting of landowners
- • approval of reorganization by landowners
(1) The board of supervisors of a drainage district organized under ORS chapter 547 and existing prior to January 1, 1993, or the advisory board of a diking district organized under ORS chapter 551 and existing prior to January 1, 1993, may call a meeting of the owners of land situated in the district for the purpose of determining whether or not the district shall dissolve and reorganize as a corporation for drainage or flood control organized under this chapter.
(2) At least 10 days before the date of the meeting, notice of the meeting shall be given by publication in a newspaper of general circulation published in each county in which lands of the district are situated.
(3) The landowners, assembled at the place and time required by the notice, shall consider the question whether or not the district shall dissolve and reorganize as provided in this section. Each owner is entitled to one vote in person or by proxy for each acre of land owned by the owner in the district.
(4) Members representing more than 75 percent of the votes entitled to be cast within the district constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, including voting on the question of dissolution and reorganization, at the meeting.
(5) If members representing two-thirds or more of the votes entitled to be cast within the district approve dissolving the district and reorganizing the district as a corporation under this chapter, the board of supervisors or the advisory board of the district shall adopt an order so proclaiming and enter the order upon the minutes of the meeting. The chairperson of the meeting shall deliver to the Secretary of State a certified copy of the order proclaiming the results of the vote on the question of dissolution and reorganization.
(6) The board of supervisors or the advisory board of the district shall thereupon proceed with dissolution and reorganization as provided in ORS 554.380 (Articles of incorporation for corporation formed from dissolved district) and 554.385 (Findings by board of reorganizing district). [1993 c.502 §1; 1995 c.233 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information