Ad valorem tax levy, collection, enforcement
(1) Subject to ORS 552.625 (Maximum rate of tax levy), a district may assess, levy and collect taxes each year on the assessed value of all taxable property within the limits of the district. The proceeds of the tax shall be applied in carrying out the purposes of this chapter.
(2) The district may annually also assess, levy and collect a tax without limitation upon all such property in an amount sufficient to pay the yearly interest on bonds theretofore issued by the district and then outstanding, together with any portion of the principal of the bonds maturing within the year. The tax shall be applied only in payment of interest and principal of bonds issued by the district, but the district may apply any funds it may have toward payment of principal and interest of bonds.
(3) Any taxes needed shall be levied in each year and returned to the county officer, whose duty it is to extend the tax roll, by the time required by law for city taxes to be levied and returned.
(4) All taxes levied by a district shall become payable at the same time and be collected by the same officer who collects county taxes, and shall be turned over to the district according to law. The county officer whose duty it is to extend the county levy shall extend the levy of the district in the same manner as city taxes are extended.
(5) Property shall be subject to sale for nonpayment of taxes levied by a district in like manner and with like effect as in the case of county and state taxes. [1969 c.606 §43; 1981 c.804 §109]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.