Application proposing use of water outside of basin of origin
- • contents
(1) When an application for appropriation of water submitted under ORS 537.211 (Issuance of permit if application approved), 537.400 (Reservoir permits), 537.620 (Determination of completeness of application), 543.210 (Preliminary permits), 543.290 (Filing of maps, plans, estimates and other materials) or for a change in the place of use of an existing water right submitted under ORS 540.520 (Application for change of use, place of use or point of diversion) proposes use of water outside the basin of origin, the application shall include, in addition to any other information required, an analysis of the following:
(a) The amount of water in the basin of origin available for future appropriation.
(b) Projected future needs for water in the basin of origin.
(c) Benefits presently and prospectively derived from the return flow of water used within the basin of origin that will be eliminated by the proposed out-of-basin use.
(d) The correlation between surface water and ground water in the basin of origin, and whether the proposed use will be harmful to the supply of either.
(e) Injury to existing water rights of other appropriators or interference with planned uses or developments within the basin of origin for which a permit has been issued or for which an application is pending.
(f) Whether the proposed use will adversely affect the quantity or quality of water available for domestic or municipal use within the basin of origin.
(g) Whether the proposed use will adversely affect public uses, as defined in ORS 537.332 (Definitions for ORS 537.332 to 537.360), in the basin of origin.
(h) Alternative sources of water for the proposed use that would not rely on transfer of water out of its basin of origin.
(2) This section shall apply only to an application filed on and after October 3, 1989.
(3) This section shall not apply to an application for exchange of water under ORS 540.533 (Application for exchange of water) to 540.543 (Regulation of headgates when water provided by exchange).
(4) This section shall not apply to an application for the transfer of less than 0.5 cubic feet per second of water.
(5) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to an appropriation or diversion by a city to facilitate regional municipal water service if the city has historically transported water between the basin of origin and proposed receiving basins identified in the application. [1989 c.936 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information