Report of constructor before beginning work on well
- • rules
- • fees
(1) Each person required to possess a license under ORS 537.747 (Water well constructor's license) who has entered into a contract to construct, alter, abandon or convert a well or cause a well to be constructed, altered, abandoned or converted shall, before beginning work on the well, make a report to the Water Resources Commission containing:
(a) The name and post-office address of the owner of the well.
(b) The approximate location of the well.
(c) The proposed depth and diameter of the well.
(d) The proposed purpose or use of the ground water from the well.
(2) The commission shall furnish a convenient means for reports referred to in subsection (1) of this section to each person who possesses a license under ORS 537.747 (Water well constructor's license).
(3) A separate report shall be furnished under subsection (1) of this section for each well that is constructed, altered, abandoned or converted.
(4) The report furnished under subsection (1) of this section shall be confidential and maintained as such for one year or until the well log required under ORS 537.765 (Log of constructing, altering, abandoning or converting well) is received by the commission, whichever is earlier. Nothing in this subsection prohibits the commission from using the report for enforcement actions during the period the report is considered confidential.
(5) Each report form submitted under subsection (1) of this section for the construction of a new well, deepening of an existing well, or conversion of a well shall be accompanied by a fee of $125. Notwithstanding the fee established pursuant to this subsection, the commission may adopt by rule a reduced fee for persons submitting materials to the Water Resources Department in a digital format approved by the department.
(6) The moneys paid to the commission under subsection (5) of this section shall be paid into the Water Resources Department Operating Fund. All interest, if any, from moneys received under subsection (5) of this section shall inure to the benefit of the Water Resources Department. Such moneys and interest earned on such moneys are continuously appropriated to the department to be used to pay the costs of the department to employ personnel to inspect wells and well construction. [Formerly 537.632; 1981 c.416 §5; 1985 c.615 §7; 1985 c.673 §69; 1987 c.109 §2; 1989 c.129 §1; 1999 c.293 §4; 2003 c.594 §3; 2005 c.156 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information