Request for right to use water under limited license
- • fee
(1) Any person requesting the right to use water under a limited license under ORS 537.143 (Limited license to use or store surface or ground water or to use stored water) shall notify the Water Resources Department on a form provided by the department.
(2) If the request submitted under subsection (1) of this section is to use stored water for purposes for which the stored water is authorized and pursuant to a contract between the user and a local, state or federal government:
(a) The person also shall submit:
(A) A copy of the contract;
(B) A map indicating the point of diversion and the place of use; and
(C) Any other information required by the Water Resources Commission that is necessary to evaluate the request as established by statute and the rules of the commission.
(b) Upon the filing of the request under this subsection, the department shall determine whether the request contains the information listed under paragraph (a) of this subsection and is complete and not defective, including the payment of any fee required by the commission. If the department determines that the request is incomplete or defective or that all fees have not been paid, the department shall return all fees and the request. If the department determines that a request contains the information listed under paragraph (a) of this subsection and is complete and not defective, the department shall proceed with the review of the request and issuance of the limited license if the use complies with the requirements of ORS 537.143 (Limited license to use or store surface or ground water or to use stored water).
(3) The notification required under subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall be accompanied by the fee established by rule by the Water Resources Commission.
(4) The department shall notify the person whether the department grants the limited license.
(5) A request for the right to use stored water under a limited license as described in subsection (2) of this section may be made concurrently with an application for a permit to appropriate water under ORS 537.140 (Application for permit). [1989 c.933 §3; 1995 c.274 §11; 1997 c.366 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information