Authority of State Forester in management, protection, utilization and conservation of lands and waters
- • rules
In order to accomplish the purposes of ORS 530.490 (Management, control and protection of Common School Forest Lands and Elliott State Forest), the State Forester may:
(1) Protect the lands from fire, disease and insect pests, cooperate with the counties and with persons owning lands within the state in the protection of the lands and enter into all agreements necessary or convenient for the protection of the lands.
(2) Enter into and administer contracts for the sale of timber from lands owned or managed by the State Board of Forestry and the State Forestry Department.
(3) Permit the use of the lands for other purposes, including but not limited to fish and wildlife environment, landscape effect, protection against flood and erosion, recreation and production and protection of water supplies when the use is not detrimental to the purpose for which the lands are dedicated.
(4) Contract with other governmental bodies for the protection of water supplies to facilitate the multiple use of publicly owned water supplies for recreational purposes as well as a source of water for domestic and industrial use.
(5) Grant permits and licenses on, over and across the lands.
(6) Reforest the lands and cooperate with persons owning timberlands within the state in the reforestation, and make all agreements necessary or convenient for the reforestation.
(7) Establish a forestry carbon offset program to market, register, transfer or sell forestry carbon offsets. In establishing the program, the forester may:
(a) Execute any contracts or agreements necessary to create opportunities for the creation of forestry carbon offsets; and
(b) Negotiate prices that are at, or greater than, fair market value for the transfer or sale of forestry carbon offsets.
(8) Do all things and make all rules and regulations, not inconsistent with law, necessary or convenient for the management, protection, utilization and conservation of the lands.
(9) Require such undertakings as in the opinion of the State Forester are necessary or convenient to secure performance of any agreement authorized in ORS 530.450 (Withdrawal from sale of Elliott State Forest) to 530.520 (Use of receipts). [1957 c.240 §6; 1959 c.141 §2; 1967 c.396 §7; 1969 c.194 §1; 2001 c.752 §9; 2005 c.103 §38]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information