Exceeding harvest type 3 size limitation
- • conditions
- • rules
(1) Notwithstanding the requirements of ORS 527.740 (Harvest type 3 limitations), a harvest type 3 unit within a single ownership that exceeds 120 acres but does not exceed 240 acres may be approved by the State Forester if all the requirements of this section and any additional requirements established by the State Board of Forestry are met. Proposed harvest type 3 units that are within 300 feet of the perimeter of a prior harvest type 3 unit, and that would result in a total combined harvest type 3 area under a single ownership exceeding 120 acres but not exceeding 240 acres, may be approved by the State Forester if the additional requirements are met for the combined area. No harvest type 3 unit within a single ownership shall exceed 240 contiguous acres. No harvest type 3 unit shall be allowed within 300 feet of the perimeter of a prior harvest type 3 unit within a single ownership if the combined acreage of the areas subject to regulation under the Oregon Forest Practices Act would exceed 240 acres, unless:
(a) The prior harvest type 3 unit has been reforested by all applicable regulations;
(b) At least the minimum tree stocking required by rule is established per acre; and
(c)(A) The resultant stand of trees has attained an average height of at least four feet; or
(B) At least 48 months have elapsed since the stand was created and it is "free to grow" as defined by the board.
(2) The requirements of this section are in addition to all other requirements of the Oregon Forest Practices Act and the rules adopted thereunder. The requirements of this section shall be applied in lieu of such other requirements only to the extent the requirements of this section are more stringent. Nothing in this section shall apply to operations conducted under ORS 527.740 (Harvest type 3 limitations) (4) or (5).
(3) The board shall require that a plan for an alternate practice be submitted prior to approval of a harvest type 3 operation under this section. The board may establish by rule any additional standards applying to operations under this section.
(4) The State Forester shall approve the harvest type 3 operation if the proposed operation would provide better overall results in meeting the requirements and objectives of the Oregon Forest Practices Act.
(5) The board shall specify by rule the information to be submitted for approval of harvest type 3 operations under this section, including evidence of past satisfactory compliance with the Oregon Forest Practices Act. [1991 c.919 §7; 1995 s.s. c.3 §39d; 1996 c.9 §6; 2003 c.740 §5; 2005 c.22 §378]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information