State Forestry Department to assist board
To assist the State Board of Forestry in carrying out the duties of the Forest Resource Trust, the State Forestry Department shall:
(1) Identify potentially suitable lands, and educate the owners of those lands on Forest Resource Trust programs.
(2) Provide technical and other management assistance to participating landowners.
(3) Monitor compliance with Forest Resource Trust programs by participating landowners.
(4) Encourage involvement of the landowner.
(5) Encourage the use of private contractors, consultants, forestry extension programs, nongovernmental organizations and landowner cooperatives.
(6) Develop project plans in cooperation with landowners that establish clear benchmarks for compliance with terms of the plan.
(7) Release from financial obligation for any portion of the qualified private and local government forestlands included under Forest Resource Trust programs and irretrievably lost to insects, disease, fire, storm, flood or other natural destruction through no fault of the landowner.
(8) Secure provisions for access to the land by the State Forester.
(9) Give consideration to conservation plans or strategies adopted by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife when setting priorities for Forest Resource Trust programs. [1993 c.765 §59; 2007 c.201 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information