General duties of State Forester
- • rules
The forester, under the general supervision of the State Board of Forestry, shall:
(1) In compliance with ORS chapter 183, promulgate rules consistent with law for the enforcement of the state forest laws relating directly to the protection of forestland and the conservation of forest resources.
(2) Appoint and instruct fire wardens as provided in ORS chapter 477.
(3) Direct the improvement and protection of forestland owned by the State of Oregon.
(4) Collect data relative to forest conditions.
(5) Take action authorized by law to prevent and extinguish forest, brush and grass fires.
(6) Enforce all laws pertaining to forestland and prosecute violations of such laws.
(7) Cooperate with landowners, political subdivisions, private associations and agencies and others in forest protection.
(8) Advise and encourage reforestation.
(9) Publish such information on forestry as the forester determines to be in the public interest.
(10) Enter into contracts and cooperative agreements pertaining to experiments and research in forestry.
(11) Sell, exchange or otherwise dispose of any real property heretofore or hereafter acquired by the board for administrative purposes and no longer needed.
(12) Coordinate any activities of the State Forestry Department related to a watershed enhancement project approved by the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board under ORS 541.375 (Watershed enhancement projects) with activities of other cooperating state and federal agencies participating in the project.
(13) Prescribe uniform state standards for certification of wildland fire training courses and educational programs. [1965 c.253 §10 (enacted in lieu of 526.020); 1969 c.249 §2; 1975 c.605 §27; 1987 c.734 §13; 1993 c.415 §5; 1997 c.413 §5; 2003 c.539 §38]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.