- • limits
- • compensation and expenses
- • meetings
- • rules
(1) The State Board of Forestry shall supervise all matters of forest policy and management under the jurisdiction of this state and approve claims for expenses incurred under the statutes administered by the board except as otherwise provided by law. Advisory committees may be appointed by the board to make recommendations concerning any function vested by law in the board. Notwithstanding any other provisions of law, the board shall not supervise or direct the State Forester in matters relating to the geographic scheduling, annual volume and species allocation, appraisals and competitive timber sale techniques used in the sale of forest products from lands managed under the provisions of ORS chapter 530.
(2) The members of the board are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(3) The board shall meet on the first Wednesday after the first Monday in January, March, June and September, at places designated by the chairperson of the board or the State Forester. The board may meet at other times and places in this state on the call of the chairperson or the State Forester. A majority of the voting members of the board constitutes a quorum to do business.
(4) In accordance with the applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, the board shall adopt rules to perform the functions defined by statute. [1965 c.253 §6; 1969 c.314 §62; 1973 c.230 §3; 1983 c.759 §8; 1987 c.919 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.