As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Forestry.
(2) "Certified Burn Manager" means an individual, other than the forester, who is currently certified under a program established pursuant to ORS 526.360 (State Forester to assist in developing forestland for agricultural uses) (3).
(3) "Department" means the State Forestry Department.
(4) "Forester" means the State Forester or the authorized representative of the forester.
(5) "Forestland" means any woodland, brushland, timberland, grazing land or clearing, which, during any time of the year, contains enough forest growth, slashing or vegetation to constitute, in the opinion of the forester, a fire hazard, regardless of how the land is zoned or taxed.
(6) "Forestry carbon offset" means a transferable unit based on a measured amount of carbon storage expressed as a carbon dioxide emission equivalent, or other equivalent standard, and accruing on forestland as live or dead matter in trees, shrubs, forest litter and soil.
(7) "Nonindustrial private forest landowner" means any forest landowner who does not own a forest products manufacturing facility that employs more than six people.
(8) "Nonindustrial private forestland" means any forestland owned by a nonindustrial private forest landowner. [Amended by 1961 c.123 §3; 1965 c.253 §1; 1977 c.893 §14; 1997 c.274 §41; 1999 c.101 §1; 2001 c.752 §6]
STATE BOARD OF FORESTRY; STATE FORESTER; STATE FORESTRY DEPARTMENT
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information