The governing board of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries may make, in compliance with ORS chapter 183, rules and orders for the following purposes:
(1) To review and enforce voluntary unit agreements governing production of geothermal resources in a manner that is consistent with the provisions of this chapter.
(2) To provide application forms and procedures to enable a person to request the board to initiate a unit agreement.
(3) To develop and enforce, when necessary, unit agreements satisfying the requirements of this chapter.
(4) To settle disagreements between the parties to a unit agreement over unit operation.
(5) To change the boundaries of a unit area.
(6) To prevent the drilling and operation of geothermal wells and the production of geothermal resources in a manner that causes injury to neighboring leaseholds or property.
(7) To levy fees on any operator, person, state or local governing body, special district or agency that holds a royalty interest in a unit area to cover reasonable costs associated with the development and administration of a unit agreement. [1981 c.588 §22]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.