Department approval of abandonment
- • report by operator
- • effect of failure to comply
- • proceedings against operator
(1) A representative of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries may be present during any abandonment operation. If the representative determines that the abandonment is satisfactory, the representative shall approve the abandonment of the well.
(2) Within 30 days after the completion of abandonment of any geothermal well, the operator of the well shall make a written report of all work done with respect to the abandonment. Within 10 days after the receipt of such report, the department shall furnish the operator with a written final approval of abandonment, or a written disapproval of abandonment setting forth the conditions upon which the disapproval is based.
(3) Failure to abandon in accordance with the approved method of abandonment, failure to submit to the department any notice or report required by this chapter, or failure to furnish the department with any required information shall constitute sufficient grounds for disapproval of the abandonment of such well.
(4) When the department has issued a written disapproval of abandonment, the governing board of the department may proceed against the operator and the surety of the operator as provided for in ORS 522.145 (Bond or security) or may bring suit pursuant to ORS 522.810 (Suits to enjoin violations). [1975 c.552 §19; 1981 c.694 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.