- • application
- • fees
(1) No person shall engage in drilling a prospect well without first obtaining a permit issued under the authority of the State Geologist and without complying with the conditions of such permit.
(2) An application to drill prospect wells shall contain such information as the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries may require, and shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable fee set by the governing board of the department but not to exceed $250 to cover all prospect wells included within the application. A permit shall remain valid for one year from the date it is issued.
(3) An unused permit may be extended by the State Geologist for a reasonable period not to exceed one year beyond the initial one-year period, upon receipt of a written request from the permittee before the expiration date of the permit. The request shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable fee set by the board not to exceed $250.
(4) The permittee shall provide an annual nonrefundable fee set by the board not to exceed $500 on or before the anniversary of the issuance date of each active permit.
(5) All moneys paid to the department under this section shall be deposited with the State Treasurer and are continuously appropriated to the department for the administration of chapter 552, Oregon Laws 1975. [1975 c.552 §4a; 1991 c.526 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information